08 September 2020
Dear Valued Clients,
Please be informed that the Government of Malaysia has imposed entry restrictions into Malaysia on foreign travellers who are travelling from countries that have recorded over 150,000 COVID-19 cases. The entry restrictions take effect from 7 September 2020, and the countries affected are as listed below:
|Iran||United States of America|
The entry restrictions will impact travellers who are:
- Citizens/ Holders of long-term passes of the countries listed above; and
- Residents in/ Travellers from the countries listed above.
The entry restrictions cover travellers holding the following long-term passes from Malaysia:
- Permanent Residents (PR);
- Malaysia My Second Home Programme (MM2H);
- All expatriates that hold the Employment Pass Category I, II and III; Residence Pass-Talent (RP-T); Professional Visit Pass (PVP) and their Dependants
- Foreign Students
The decision to implement the entry restrictions was made in view of the recent increase of imported COVID-19 cases from travellers entering Malaysia from the countries listed above. The measures are temporary, and will be reviewed on a regular basis.
Please observe the latest updates on our website from time to time. Your kind understanding is highly appreciated.