24 June 2020
- This is in conjunction with the recent announcement made by the Government of Malaysia for expatriates to enter Malaysia without the need to apply for permission as outlined in the Guidelines during the Movement Control Order (MCO) period.
- We are pleased to inform that the entry permission for expatriates as announced are for the following pass categories:
- Employment Pass Category I (EP I), Dependants and Foreign Maids
- Residence Pass-Talent (RP-T), Dependants and Foreign Maids
- Expatriates with EP II and EP III with dependants and their foreign maids, are SUBJECT TO THE ENTRY APPROVAL from the Immigration Department of Malaysia. Please refer to the Guideline for the Entry of Expatriate
- Professional Visit Pass (PVP) are SUBJECT TO THE ENTRY APPROVAL from the Immigration Department of Malaysia. Please refer to the Guideline for the Entry of Expatriate
- Long Term Social Visit Pass (LTSVP) children above 18 years old / parents / parents in-Law are SUBJECT TO THE ENTRY APPROVAL from the Immigration Department of Malaysia. Please refer to the Guideline for the Entry of Expatriate
- Entry, as stated in paragraph (2), (3), (4) and (5), must comply with the following criteria :
- Entry is only permitted for those who are currently holding a VALID PASS or AN APPROVED PASS APPLICATION
- Must be tested NEGATIVE for Covid-19 through the PCR Covid-19 Swab Test WITHIN THREE (3) days before entering Malaysia.
- To download “MySejahtera” App and complete the relevant details.
- Self-quarantine for FOURTEEN (14) days (EXCEPT for EP I and RP-T from Green Zone countries, i.e. Australia, Brunei, New Zealand and Singapore).
- Self-quarantine is NOT REQUIRED for Professional Visit Pass (PVP) holders entering the country for EMERGENCY WORK. However, they are required to LEAVE THE COUNTRY once the assignment has been completed.
- The list of Green Zone countries may change from time to time base on updates from the Ministry of Health (MOH).
Please refer to Appendix A for a detailed information.
The entry permission will be EFFECTIVE from 24 June 2020.