Dear Valued Clients,
This is with reference to our announcement on entry restrictions on foreign travellers to Malaysia on 8 September 2020.
Please be informed that the Government has made the decision to allow expatriates and their dependents, including foreign maids to expatriates who are holding a valid long-term pass and/or has obtained pass approval application to enter Malaysia.
The category of the pass are as follows:
- Residence Pass-Talent (RP-T) and their dependant/s
- Employment Pass (Category EP I, II and III)
- Professional Visit Pass (PVP)
- Dependant Pass to expatriate for all categories
- Long Term Social Visit Pass (LT-SVP) to expatriate for all categories
- Foreign Maid to expatriate for all categories
Therefore, effective 21 September 2020, any expatriate listed above is required to apply for Entry Permission or Approval to Exit and Return to Malaysia via MYEntry system in ESD (esd.imi.gov.my). However, any expatriate who wish to exit Malaysia and will not return to Malaysia during the Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO) may proceed without applying for approval via MYEntry.
The following are the entry requirements that must be complied at the entry points:
- Still holding a valid pass/approval of pass application;
- Present the Entry Approval Letter or Exit and Return to Malaysia Approval Letter that is still valid (within 60 days from the issuance date including Entry Approval Letter or Exit and Return Approval Letter that has been issued before 7 September 2020), and the expatriate must return to Malaysia within that duration with a valid pass;
- Obtain a Visa with Reference (VDR) for countries that require a visa to enter Malaysia;
- Comply with the quarantine requirement set by the Ministry of Health (MOH) and National Disaster Management Agency (NADMA);
- Entry Approval Letter that has been issued earlier is still valid within 60 days from the issuance date;
- Expatriate who fails to comply with any of the above will be denied entry, pass cancelled and blacklisted in the Immigration system.
For detailed information, kindly refer to the full guidelines below:
- Entry Permission to Malaysia
- Permission to Exit and Return to Malaysia
- Infographic of Entry / Exit and Return to Malaysia
- List of Approving and Supporting Agencies
The above measures are temporary and will be reviewed on a regular basis. Please observe the latest updates on our website from time to time. Your kind understanding is highly appreciated.