08 October 2020
Dear Valued Clients,
This is in reference to the latest announcement made on 18 September 2020 pertaining to the entry restrictions on foreign travellers to Malaysia.
Please be informed that the Government has made the decision to allow expatriates and their dependants, including foreign maids, to expatriates who are holding a valid long-term pass and/or has obtained pass approval application to enter Malaysia.
The category of the pass are as follows:
- Residence Pass-Talent (RP-T) and their dependant/s
- Employment Pass (Category EP I, II and III)
- Professional Visit Pass (PVP)
- Dependant Pass to expatriate for all categories
- Long Term Social Visit Pass (LT-SVP) to expatriate for all categories
- Foreign Maid to expatriate for all categories
Any expatriate listed above is required to apply for Entry Permission or Approval to Exit and Return to Malaysia via MYEntry system in ESD (esd.imi.gov.my). However, any expatriate who wishes to exit Malaysia and will not return to Malaysia during the Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO) may proceed without applying for approval via MYEntry.
The following are additional information in the guideline for the Entry Permission or Approval to Exit and Return to Malaysia:
1. Permitted Malaysia Entry Points:
- Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA 1 & 2)
- Sultan Ismail International Airport, Senai, Johor
- Bayan Lepas International Airport, Penang
- Langkawi International Airport, Kedah
- Kuching International Airport, Sarawak
- Kota Kinabalu International Airport, Sabah
- Sultan Abu Bakar Complex (2nd Link), Johor (Entry by automobile)
- Immigration Checkpoint, Sultan Iskandar Building (BSI), Johor (Entry by automobile
2. Client charter for approval by the Director General of Immigration Department Malaysia (DGIM) is THREE (3) to FIVE (5) working days from the date of the application submission.
For detailed information, kindly refer to the full guidelines below:
- Entry Permission to Malaysia
- Permission to Exit and Return to Malaysia
- Infographic of Entry / Exit and Return to Malaysia
- List of Approving and Supporting Agencies
The above measures are temporary and will be reviewed on a regular basis. Please observe the latest updates on our website from time to time. Your kind understanding is highly appreciated.